Thursday, July 22, 2010

JULY

It's hard to believe, but July has come and is almost over. Time sure does seem to pass a bit more rapidly during the summer time! As strange as it seems, we are already seeing "Back to School" signs and advertisements at Target and Wal-Mart. Secretly, I am pretty stinking excited about it this year- I can not wait to meet my new students and co-workers- I'm ready to get this show on the road! Fortunately, I don't have to wait too much longer. I'll be attending the new teacher orientation August 11-13, then I begin teacher workdays on August 19th. Oh, I remember the days when seeing teacher workdays on the academic calendar would elicit a "WOO HOO!" (At that time, it meant that I'd be able to sleep in and have an extra day to complete the homework that I'd put off until the last minute). Now, while it still brings excitement, it is definitely a different kind, which admittedly will probably fade rather quickly!
Though August brings new and exciting things for Greg as well, I'd be lying if I said he was as eager as I am for it to be here. He is officially registered for a total of 17 semester hours, split up between Cape Fear CC and ECU. He is incredibly motivated and I know he is going to kick some academic butt this semester, but sadly that doesn't do much to ease his nerves! He just knows that he needs to get through it (that seems to be our motto for a lot of the things in life that we've been through over the last 4.5 years!!) I can't begin to say how proud I am of him and his perseverance!
Aside from looking forward to what the Fall semester has in store for us, we have really enjoyed our summer vacation. I have to say that this is the most time we have ever spent together, and it has been amazing! I've always heard people say that it's so difficult to be around the same person all the time and that living together makes it difficult to get along. To that I say PISH POSH! The more time I spend around my husband, the more I want to spend even more time with him. We have had the best time whether we've hung out with the Knight/Queen clan, walked on the beach, played Uno, cleaned the house, gone grocery shopping, or done flat-out nothing at all!
Anyway, I suppose that's enough chatter for now... NCIS is on! By the way, if you get a chance to watch White Collar and/or Covert Affairs, we highly recommend that you do. We are looking forward to Tuesday night TV which involves the 3 previously mentioned series!!!! Yep, we're excited! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment